Monday, April 20, 2009

Deal or No Deal?

I entered 2 trades today. First trade, short GBP/JPY at 146.20 with profit target at 300 pips away from entry price. I was practically watching the screen most of the time, and along the way there were many up and downs. Then my pending order for USD/CHF to long got activated at 1.1706 with 300 pips profit target as well.

Shortly after the 2 trades were on, they were in positive teritorry going as much as +80 pips on the first hour though USD/CHF is not moving much. The third hour it pulled back and going into negative and fear began to creep in. Then my mind began to ask me...close, deal or no deal? I checked the indicators and other similar cross pairs, the trend has not reverse - no deal.

An hour later, it was back in positive. GBP/JPY was making about 150 pips while USD/CHF was down 20 pips and it took a while consolidating its position. For a while i thought maybe it was the end of the trend. My mind asked the same question again, close, deal or no deal? No Deal but taking a conservative position, i re-adjust my profit target a few times for GBP/JPY and finally settling at 208 pips while leaving the other trade setup unchanged.

Shortly after it hit my profit target of 208 pips for GBP/JPY while USD/CHF is still hovering at the entry price range. Feeling relieved with the win and while second trade still showing no sign of breakout i decided to close the platform and head home.

12 hours later and at home, GBP/JPY still continue with its downtrend and would have hit my initial 300 pips target but i'm still glad with the 208 pips win. And USD/CHF is still trending sideway, i decided to close the deal with 6 pips gain and have a sound sleep tonight. And another good news is that my trading buddy, Bryan made 17.1% gain today. A great start to the 500% challenge.

Cheers.

No comments:

Economic Calender

BBC News | Business | Economy | World Edition