Thursday, June 11, 2009

GBP/JPY gained 100 pips + 32 pips from GBP/USD

Entered 2 long trades today both GBP related. The first trade entered early before i got out from my house today. And its a 9 hour long battle that ended out with a 32 pips profit when it hit the trailing stop. With no major news coming out from Europe and UK the market has been quite flat with pound sterling trying to break its day high. The second trade, GBP/JPY entered with limit order which got activated some 4 hours after i set it, about 30 minutes before it expired. And it hit my 100 pips profit target about 5 hours later.

At around 4 hours after my first trade, both trade were activated and at one point was at negative territory with a cumulative of about -80 pips. The indicators were still intact with no major news release, my confidence were challenged. The pairs were hovering and it moved to break even and goes down again. I was tempted to get out at break even. But i persisted after checking the indicators and comparing charts of similar related pairs. Glad I am able to control my emotion this time. I have to force myself away from the screen and it proved to be a good decision as it prevented myself from meddling with my trade setup.

Cheers & celebrate.
Play time!

No comments:

Economic Calender

BBC News | Business | Economy | World Edition