Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Days Trading Reflection

My result for yesterday's trade - win one lose one. Net result lost 66 pips. Long GBP/JPY and short GBP/NZD (I have not traded this pair for a long long time). The second trade, long GBP/JPY is a mistake as i was hoping for reversal. Hoping the trade will go in your favour....look like i am lost here. And my portfolio hit the lowest point of my trading career. Later while I were having some drinks with my new colleagues, they were talking about private clubs where they have slot machines for their guests. My colleague was mentioning about the odds and there were some smarter player and not so smart players. The differences separating the two groups was that the smarter players were more patient and focus on their game where they increase their stake only after the slot machine has not giving payout for long time. They were disciplined, patient and focused. Look like i need to cultivate those values.

Today i shorted two pairs, GBP/USD and GBP/JPY. One closed with break even and the other closed with 45 pips. I played safe and adjusted my SL to BE after it moved to my favour. My portfolio inched up almost 1% from the low. I guess i lost focus and my consistency earlier this week. Maybe I was too eager to jump start my trading after i quit my full time job and be a real estate negotiator. I still need to improve on my emotion and psychology.

No comments:

Economic Calender

BBC News | Business | Economy | World Edition